Apologies for the delay in Newsletter this week.
There are a lot of things to celebrate this week, which is fitting as our Thanksgiving service is tomorrow!
Hope you are all enjoying your children’s end of year reports. Thanks to all the staff for their hard work in putting them together.
Key Stage 2 Production – Midsummer Night’s Dream
Well what an amazing bunch! I think I speak for everyone when I say it was a ‘standout’ performance. Exceptional!
Mr C’s After School Club
Mr’C’s will close for the summer on Friday 17th July 2015. For the period Monday 13th July to Friday 17th July 2015 Mr. C’s request that any attendance in club is paid on a daily basis unless prior arrangement has been agreed.
Sunshine & Smiles
Congratulations to Freddie Rowlands; Rosie Rowlands; Scarlett Wright, Charlie Wright & Jasmin Sharma-Slessor who all ran in the Jane Tomlinson mini race in Leeds raising funds for Sunshine & Smiles – Freddie’s local group. Congratulations also to Mrs Rowlands is running in the 10K on Sunday. A fantastic effort from all of you!
GSAL Maths G&T Summer Camp
Well done to Jerram Bishop who was selected from children all over Leeds to attend the Maths Summer camp this week. Jerram was a fantastic ambassador for the school on his visit. Great work!
Mrs Southby will be hosting a musical summer school for one week at Harewood during the holidays (as their previous premises have fallen through). There are some places available and should anyone like to take up on this exciting opportunity, can I direct you to:
A huge well done to the Year 6’s this week, as they have all received their SATs results. We have had some brilliant results and they should be incredibly proud of their successes, some huge progress since September!
Meeting for Year 5 Parents (Year 6 Residential to High Adventure)
On Wednesday 15th July at 6.00pm we will be holding a meeting for Year 5 parents regarding the upcoming Year 6 Residential trip to High Adventure, which takes place early in the school year. At the meeting we will cover the activities they will be doing and the centre at which they will be staying as well as giving out various information such as medical forms, kit list etc.
All the lost property we are currently holding will be put out on display again from Monday 13th July. Any items that are not claimed after this week will either be kept as spares or recycled i.e. Bags2 School.
Could parents please ensure that fees are paid before the end of term as it allows Mrs Reynolds time to prep for next year.
Letters/Items Sent Out
C1 Brimham Rocks 17/07
End of Year Events
· On Tuesday 14th July we will be holding our annual Thanksgiving service at All Saints Church on the Harewood Estate. The service will start at 2.00pm and parents are very welcome to join us for this fabulous celebration of the year at Harewood. Weather permitting we will be having a picnic, as a school, beforehand on the grass near the church and parents can join us for that as well if you would like to.
· On Tuesday 21st July, the last day of term, we will be having our final assembly of the year, starting at 2.00pm in school. The focus of this assembly will be, as always, saying well done, good luck and goodbye to our Year 6 leavers this year. I hope that parents will be able to join us for this important event.
Dates for your diary:
Other School events:
2015/16 term dates:
- Term starts Monday 7th September 2015
2015/16 training days:
- Thursday 3rd September 2015
- Friday 4th September 2015
- Friday 12th Feb 2016
Friday 27th May 2016
As mentioned previously, there will be 1 training day left for allocation. We will give as much notice as we can for this date. Yours sincerely,
*copies of the letter available in reception weekly and on the website